Friday, August 12, 2011

Catch up with Shan

Okay ladies here's my catch up.

What did you do last weekend?
Oh man last weekend was crazy busy for us. Saturday was Madelyn’s birthday party. It was a ton of work but turned out great. We were up late Friday getting all of the last minute stuff done and then up early on Saturday for my nephew’s baptism. Then after his baptism we had our party. We didn’t reserve a park because we didn’t want to pay $35 so we took our chances at finding a park. And wouldn’t you know it that all but one park was taken. It was not my favorite park but it worked out. We were just a little crazy in the beginning trying to get everything set up. I’ll be posting all about her party on my blog so you can read about it there. But here's a fun picture...
 
My SIL made this photo booth and I think it turned out great! I actually think this was my favorite part and wish I would have spent more time over here and got more people to take their pictures. 

Then Saturday night Ethan woke up crying cuz he had to go potty so I took him to the bathroom thinking why is he crying about going potty…and then he threw up everywhere. And then I got sick. So Sunday was spent just sitting around watching lots of movies. But we are all better now.

What's new with your kids? (list each kid)
Ethan-What’s new with Ethan…well he starts pre-school in Sept. I’m so excited for him. A little nervous and not looking forward to all of the driving that I’ll be doing. The school is actually close but it’s 2 days a week and no one in my neighborhood is going to this school so I don’t get to carpool. So I’ll be taking him and picking him up every Tuesday and Thursday. But I know it will be worth it. He is so excited to start school. I hope that he does well.

Madelyn-Well my little peanut turned one and I can’t believe it’s been a year already. She has grown so much and especially the last month or so. She seems so much taller to me. Her babyness is almost gone and soon she’ll be walking. It’s a love hate thing cuz I’m excited for her to grow up but that means I no longer have my sweet baby. Jared doesn’t getting it. He always thinks I’m crazy when I say I’m sad our kids are growing up.

Any fun summer plans coming up?
Can you believe that it’s August already? School is only a few weeks away. CRAZY! The summer has flown by for us. We have a busy Sept. though. Jared will be running in the red rock relay, I’m going to Time Out For Women (so excited btw) and then we’ll be spending a weekend in St. George with Jared’s parents. 3 out of the 4 weekends in Sept are already booked.

Anything else you wanna share?
Well…I really want to get my stupid house decorated. But why does it have to cost so much money? I really want to get my gallery wall up in my front room but frames are expensive. At least nice ones. So now I’m on the hunt for either cheap ones from walmart, clearance ones or maybe I’ll start checking the D.I. for some. I also need to finish my kids rooms. I only have one wall done LOL! I’m terrible about decorating my house. 


Oh I almost forgot! We are going to Disneyland!!! Yeah! Jared's family is going again in Dec. but we really don't have any extra money. And last time we were able to go because I was babysitting my neighbor's kids and earning some extra money.  So I pretty much gave up on the idea of us going. But then one day Jared called me from work and said do you want to go to Disneyland? Of course I do! But how? Well we are just putting it on the credit card and paying it off with our tax return. Ha! I'm good with that if he is :) So Disneyland here we come. Ethan is so excited. He keeps asking me when we are going. I told him not until there is snow on the ground. So every other day he asks me if there is snow on the ground. Silly boy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You ARE a busy woman! The party was adorable and WAY over the top. I wish I were going to D-land :)

Leslie & Matt said...

I wish that we would have been able to stay long enough to come to the party! It sounded so fun & I LOVE the pic, what a fun idea!! I also am in shock that Pase & Madelyn are already turning 1!!

I totally know how you feel about the whole house decorating thing...if it weren't all so dang expensive!! At least whenever I see your house its at least clean! LOL :)

YAY for DL! I look forward to going again...maybe to celebrate Matt's return home? I really want to go there during halloween! (or at least Oct)