Monday, April 19, 2010

random babbling

I haven't posted on here in forever either Les, so I figured I'd give it a go today. At the moment I can't really think of anything exciting to tell you but we'll just see where my rambling takes us . . .


(this is my dad with Christian's daughter, Ella)

My dad got called as a Bishop of a BYU ward!! He got sustained and set apart last night. He doesn't technically start until Fall (just how the BYU wards work) but he's very excited and we're all excited for him. It's a huge job, but I think he's going to be REALLY good at it. We went to his setting apart last night and guess who was there - Adam Rassmussen. His dad, Carl Rassmussen (remember him? He was and STILL IS a Band Dad) is going to be the ward clerk in my dad's bishopric. Adam didn't even acknowledge I was there. Maybe he doesn't remember me. I don't know. I was going to say hi, but he really acted like I wasn't there. So I didn't. There was a cute girl holding a cute baby that looked EXACTLY like him, so I assume it was his wife and baby, but I don't know for sure. Anyway - random huh??

Let's see . . . what else . . .



We're going to Disneyland AGAIN in about 2 and a half weeks. Morgan (my cousin) and her hubby are going on a cruise for their anniversary and they get back on a Saturday and they want to meet us in Disneyland for a day of adult Disneyland fun. They went in December with their little girls but didn't get to ride ANY of the adult thrill rides, so we're going to do all of them in one day! HAHA It should be wild! I am VERY EXCITED! While we are out there we are going to see Josh's grandparents (they live in So. Cal.) Josh is going to go golfing with his grandpa who is like 92 and still golfs a couple times a week! Can you believe that?! He's been wanting to that for a long time, so that'll be good. Should be a fun little weekend getaway.



The weekend of May 1st, is National Scrapbooking Day. I'm REALLY busy getting ready for it. Each of the administrators at ScrapMatters is sort of in charge of one of the big events/sales that we have and NSD is mine. I'm planning lots of fun stuff. Should be fun. Lots of work, but oh well! It'll be great. We have an awesome team there and they are helping me with LOTS of the planning.

Ok . . . let me think of one more tid-bit to tell you and then I'll sign off . . . hmm.



I'm reading an AWESOME book for book club right now. Les I know you are into books, so I'm sure you've heard of it. It's called "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. I'm about 2/3 through it and I'm DYING!!! It's soooo good. I NEVER want to put it down. I want to bag work and go back to reading it right now. If you need a good book to read, check it out. Shan - I bought it so you can borrow mine if you want. I went to see if I could get it at the library before I bought it and there were like 150 holds on it!!!! haha So I decided to just suck it up and buy it. I can't WAIT to see how it ends!!! When I'm done I'll probably do a full review on my Britt-ish Designs blog.

Ok - that's enough ramblings from me!!! Shanny - I think this means its your turn to post!!

Love you girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I had to comment about Adam... totally hilarious. Danica and I still make fun of him for trying to "freshen" his breath by drinking a glass of milk. YUCK! hahaha so gross.

Hunger games rocks... I liked the sequel even better... but it leaves you hanging in the air and you want to punch the wall when it's over because it seriously just leaves you hanging there... so beware! hahah

Leslie & Matt said...

Wow, what a fun calling for your Dad! I can see him being the coolest Bishop. I have such good memories of all my student ward Bishops!!(and yes weird about Adam...that last year of BTR's was all weird! LOL)

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I am so JEALOUS that you guys spend so much time in Disney Land. I will look forward to our once a year trip (that I am hoping to make a tradition)& live vicariously through you and all of your pics!

It is so funny that you are reading Hunger Games (you've probably finished it by now), we just read that last month for Book Club!! I LOVED it and found out that a movie is being made about it too! I am on the waiting list for the second and third books. Yes, I said the third. Even though it doesn't come out until Aug I am #97 on the hold list!! I read the first book in 6 hours! I could NOT put it down & just thinking about it makes me want to read it again!

Thanks for the fun update!

Shantell said...

Your dad will make the best bishop ever! I too have great memories of my college ward bishops. Some memories are better then others but I know your dad will be awesome! What an honor too! BTW that pic of your dad and Ella is adorable! Christian’s kids are just so darn cute!

I was just thinking the other day how much I wanted to go back to Disneyland. But most likely that will be a while for us. With me not working $ is very tight. I'll have to find another part-time job to pay for another disneyland trip. But it will totally be worth it :)

I forgot that you are in charge of NSD @ scrapmatters. That is a HUGE job but one that you are amazing at. I'm excited cuz I'm home most days so I'll actually be able to play along (as much as Ethan will let me).

I wish I was more of a reader. The most reading I do is read to Ethan before naps and bedtime.

Ok I'll think of some random babbling and make a post soon :)