Sunday, August 24, 2008

Does Satan Wear Camoflage?

So we have not been to church for the past 3 Sundays-that's right-the entire month of August so far! We were frantically trying to move the first weekend & were EXHAUSTED, Matt had drill the second week (I thought about going but decided against trying to wrangle all 3 kids during sacrament meeting), & last week Matt was whisked away to Kansas to help another unit administer their urinalysis. I was so looking forward to attending church today & had everything planned out so that we could be on time & have a nice Sunday together. WRONG! I wake up to the sound of Matt's phone & continue to hear it as it received text messages about every 5 minutes!! Apparently another unit was doing their urinalysis today & could not possibly manage without Matt's help. GGGRRrrrr---R! Come on people how hard is it to pee in a cup? He left at about 8:15 & told me he would be as quick as he could. To make a long story short...the kids and I waited around as the first two hours of church ticked by & Matt finally got home at 10:50. He threw his church clothes on & we zoomed off to church with enough time to catch the last hour. So my question is: does Satan wear camouflage?? It sure seems like we are being kept from church a lot lately due to the MILITARY!! Oh yea & did I mention that he is leaving again today? This time to California-and yes-it is for work. I guess I should learn to live the Army wife life.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

I can't imagine being an Army wife is fun. Maybe it's a test to see if you can remain faithful, even if its hard to go by yourself. Is Matt doing everything he can to explain to them that in his religion he believes in not working on Sunday? Not that it would make a difference probably, but maybe its a test for him to stand up for the Sabbath? I dunno. It's HARD to go that long without taking the sacrament! I hope you can make it next week!!!! Maybe if you have to go by yourself the Lord will bless you with reverent kids. You never know.

Shantell said...

Les I am so sorry! I know how it feels to work so hard to get ready for church and then to have your husband totally drop the ball. I've been there many times! But the only thing we can do is "just keep swimming, just keep swimming" I know the lord knows our hearts and knows our efforts. Even if we don't make it to all 3 hours or even if we end up getting NOTHING out of church cuz our kids are way too noisy and just want to play. I will pray for you and maybe the lord will bless you with a sweet someone in your ward that can help you with the kids. Then you can at least make a valent effort and try taking you and the kids to church by yourself. I love you!