Thursday, March 5, 2009

I need your opinion...

Hi girls! I need your help with something. I've been working on my wedding pictures and I'm almost done. I'm working on journaling my pages and I wanted to ask your opinion. Should I write this as if my kids are reading this or as if I'm reading this or as if some complete stranger is reading this?

For example on this page I wrote "these are all of Shantell's friends that attended the ceremony" then I named everyone in the picture. Should I write it more like "these are all of my friends", Or "these are all of mom's friends?" I'm not sure how to do this. I always struggle with journaling.



6 comments:

Leslie & Matt said...

First off, I love this page! You did an amazing job!

I personally like reading pages as if you were the one speaking. That way people will always know that you were the one who created this beautiful work of art too!

PS How come you aren't at the SS with me right now! :)

Shantell said...

I didn't even realize there was a SS right now! Oh brother! I would have LOVED to do one and Ethan was taking a nap...but guess what...he just woke up. BUMMER!

Beau and Jen said...

Are scrapping it for yourself or for your kids? I am doing mine for myself and then when it gets handed down to your kids they can read your scrapbook/journal!

Brittney said...

I personally prefer to write my journaling like I'm writing in my journal. I wouldn't write it to your kids. I would write it like "These are some of my Friends". Like if you found an old scrapbook from 100 years ago, you'd probably enjoy reading it as if the person who created was talking. And it would probably be confusing if they were talking to someone specific. You know? Does that make sense?

Shantell said...

Thanks guys that really helped. I think I'm going to do as you suggested. Write it as if I'm the one speaking. Just like I would write in my journal (if I actually wrote in my jounal HA!)

Beau and Jen said...

but technically (in my book) you are writing in your Journal! Just non-traditional! Can't wait to see them all done!