Friday, September 17, 2010

old or new?


So we are blessing Madelyn in a few weeks and I'm trying to decide what to do about her blessing dress. I had the idea to bless her in the dress that I was blessed in. But now I'm not sure if I want to do that. I'm wondering if I should get her own dress, one that only she was blessed in and one that she will have for a keepsake. OR would it be just as good or more meaningful to have her blessed in my dress? Jared doesn't really care or have an opinion either way other then it would save us some money to bless her in my dress. And if I bless her in my dress then what do I when and if I have more girls? So what do you ladies think?

5 comments:

Katie said...

I know I'm not one of the "girlfriends" hehe but I blessed Brenika in my dress, and I loved it! If I have another girl, I will make her a dress... that way, they're both pretty special. I figured my daughter prob won't fit in my fat wedding dress so might as well share my blessing dress haha. Either way is great though!! :) Can't wait to see pictures of the special day!

Unknown said...

hmph. I have always thought of this dilemma and come to realize it will probably never really BE a dilemma!

I would bless my babes in my dress simply b/c my mom made mine & I <3 it tons! If you had another girl, it would be sweet if you made her one, too. I think the first born of whatever sex always "gets" different things than the others who follow.

It might be cute if you do decide to use yours, if you made a nice slip to go under it that is JUST HERS. My mom had a chiffon slip under mine that was pink and it showed just a ruffle of it along the bottom. SO CUTE!

Leslie & Matt said...

I always opt to buy one so that they can have it for their own keepsake, but it might be neat to bless all your girls in your dress & get each of them their own blessing bracelets.?
I got them for my girls and plan t get one for little "P" too. :)

Brittney said...

That's a good idea! Blessing bracelets. And maybe a pretty blessing headband/flower/bow? But you have to love your dress. If you don't love it, buy her her own.

Shantell said...

Thanks everyone! I'm still not sure what I'm going to do. I've been looking at a few places but the dresses are like $100! I think if I can find a dress that is afforable then I'll get her a new dress. My neighbor lady has already made her a bracelet and I'm planning on making her a pretty bow, maybe even her shoes. Les, where did you get your girls dresses?