Sunday, September 5, 2010

There's No Place Like Home...

You guys may have already heard, but if not I wanted to tell you before anything else keeps me from sitting down to do it! :) We found out that our next military move will take us to Wichita, Kansas! Matt posted something about it on FB & I wasn't sure if you had seen it or not.

When Matt told me my first thought was, "Whoa, Kansas is really far away!" then Matt enlightened me by reminding me that it is Colorado's neighbor state. HA! I had no idea & don't claim to know where all 50 states are either. :)

Our official report date (when we are supposed to be there) is Jan 10th. We have the option of requesting to come sooner, so we are toying with the idea of heading out the first week in November. That way we can move & settle in before the holidays instead of having to rush and move after they are over. We aren't sure if that is actually going to happen (moving early) but we'll see.

I am really excited about the move & feel really relieved not to be "waiting" to find out our next location. I am so SO very sad to think of all the friends I have made here that I will be leaving, but most of them will be moving eventually also. Wichita is about an 8 hour drive from Denver, so that puts us double the distance from UT visits :( However, I feel lucky that we haven't been moved further & can totally handle moving one state further away at a time ;)

We would really like to come to UT for Christmas this year, but aren't exactly sure if that will happen. A 16 hour drive with 4 kids, one being under a year old, and driving in the winter are not the most exciting factors that we have to face. It is always a lot harder not knowing when our next visit will be, but when we chose a Military life that was part of the deal.

I hope both of you ladies are doing well & would love to hear some of "what's new girlfriend?"

4 comments:

Brittney said...

WOW!! that's INCREDIBLE Les! I thought you were telling us you were headed to TX. I never expected Kansas!!! You get to be like Dorothy! How fun. My Grandma is from Kansas. You guys are havin' quite the adventure.

I'm sad you're moving farther away from us though. We'll see you even less. At least you're a good blogger and keep us up to date!

Shantell said...

Oh Les I'm so excited for you and so sad for me LOL! I'm sad that you'll be farther away but I'm glad that it's only one more state. I too thought Kansas was way far away but glad to know it's the state next to CO :D

If I were in your shoes I'd want to move in Nov. Moving after the holidays and in the snow does not sound fun. Although moving with a newborn doesn't sound fun either. I hope that you are able to have just as good of an experience in Kansas as you've had in CO. Sometimes I'm jealous of the fun and exciting life you and Matt have. It would be hard to be on the move alot but would totally make a family closer by having to move so often. Keep us posted on your adventure and when you come to UT next make sure to pencil us in so that we can spend sometime with you. Maybe we should do a fun family gathering. I can't even remember the last time I saw Matt.

So besides this fun news how are things going? How is life with 4 kids? How is Graiden doing with his new little sister? Is Trin doing better about getting on the bus?

Brittney said...

Shan - we saw Matt at Arctic Circle that one time. Remember?? But yes, a full family get together would be fun!!!

Yes I keep thinking about Trinity and the bus story. That about killed me when I read it!!!

Shantell said...

Oh ya I totally forgot about seeing Matt at Artic Circle.

Hey Britt how are things going with you? How is your shop doing? How did things go with leaving SM?