Wednesday, February 4, 2009

BBQ Anyone?

BBQ sauce makes everything taste better, doesn't it? Well, it does at our house! Just ask our girls & they can testify that straight BBQ sauce for dinner is the perfect meal! However, for those of us who like things with our BBQ sauce I have this yummy & easy dinner idea: (You may already have it-or one like it)





BBQ Chicken Sandwiches

I don't have an exact recipe so I'll just tell you how I make it.

Throw 2 bone less chicken breasts into the crock pot & put enough water in so they are almost covered. I usually put mine in frozen & then leave them on high for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Then scoop out about 2 cups of the water & add a bottle of BBQ sauce. YES, I put in the whole thing. Switch it to Low & let it cook for another hour-then go back and shred all the chicken & mix the sauce all into it. I let it sit for about another half hour (still on low) & serve it on a hamburger bun with whatever sides sound good & easy. It is finger lickin good!! (AND SO EASY!!

You can also freeze it and heat it up so fast! Sorry if I always add recipes that are "old news"! I'm trying to get more creative, but it isn't working out to well for me! hehe

2 comments:

Brittney said...

This is not at all "old news" to me! I've never made this!!! Thanks! I LOVE BBQ anything!

Shantell said...

This isn't old news to me! This is great Les and so easy. I'm totally adding this one to my shopping list too!