Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm Ringin' the Dinner Bell

I was searching through my cookbook for a new and simple recipe. I came across this one & thought I'd give it a try. It was SO simple to make, the kids love it, and so did Matt. It reminded me of a super creamy lasagna. I took a picture of the leftovers (which were even better than the night I made it) but it doesn't do the meal justice at all! We also had salad & buttered bread with it-I'm sure it will become one of my "regulars" :) I hope you'll enjoy it as much as we did!

Company Casserole

3/4-1 lb. ground beef, cooked & drained
2 cans (8oz) tomato sauce (I only had one can, so I used a can of Campbell's Tomato soup as my other can & it was yummy!)
2 pkg. (8oz) cream cheese
1 c. cottage cheese
1/4 c. sour cream
green onion (optional)
3c. shell noodles, cooked
cheddar cheese, grated

Mix together. Top with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes

7 comments:

Brittney said...

TWO packages of CREAM CHEESE!!!!!!!!! yeah I BET this is good! HAHAHA No but really it looks YUMMMMMMMY! I'm definitely going to try it!

Katie said...

I always want to try your girl's recipes... and they ALL have cheese in them! HAHAH What's a girl to do when she can't eat cheese? I guess I'll have to wait until my gall bladder is out! :)

Unknown said...

It sounds good, I'm just a little worried because the highest temperature on my oven is 500 degrees. I may have to buy a new oven to try this recipe! :o

Brittney said...

hahaha!! yeah that little typo could cause some SERIOUS problems :) :)

Leslie & Matt said...

oh man! I was trying to be so cool and make a small "O" for the degree, but everything went wacky when I made the recipie font larger!! I guess anyone who didn't catch my original mistake will never get to see the true humor! :)

Shantell said...

LOL! Glad you fixed the typo cuz I would have been so confussed! This looks so yummy! And it has our favorite...CREAM CHEESE!

Danica said...

HEheeh I made it last night... it was so good! THANKS LES!