Monday, November 3, 2008

Crayons in the Microwave

Matt and I were sitting on the couch the other night watching a DVR'd episode of Road Rules/Real World The Island challenge & the girls had been playing nicely for about the first half of the show. The episode we were watching happened to be the final one & we were both so excited to see who was going to win! I had the thought that we should probably check on the girls since they were playing a little too quietly. I was nursing Grayden so I asked Matt if he would go check on them & he gave me that look of, "sure-volunteer me to get out of my comfy spot on the couch!" He went anyway & I am SO GLAD that I asked him to because he found our sweet innocent little girls with a big pile of CRAYONS in the microwave-door shut-timer set-ready to push START! Can you imagine what a horrendous mess that would have been to try and clean up!!! OH MY WORD!!! I am so glad I was inspired! hahaha!! We dodged a bullet that time. It's too bad that most often quiet means trouble.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Oh my goodness!! That is a funny story. Cool crayon picture too. WE LOVE the Island! haha We are behind though. We have like 4 episodes on the tivo waiting for us to watch.

Shantell said...

Good save! It's so true though whenever it's quiet it usually means that the little ones are in trouble. Even with Ethan it's that way. I feel just fine not having my eye on him as long as I can hear him but once he gets quiet I have to hunting to find him. Often times he's getting into drawers that don't have child locks on them or even better we forgot to shut the bathroom door and his playing in the toilet. Oh the joys of motherhood :)