Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What's for dinner?

Do you find yourself asking this question as much as I do. I'm always asking (or being asked) what's for dinner? So I thought it would be fun for us to share some yummy recipes. This recipe is super easy and super yummy. And it's made in the crockpot!
Chicken Azteca
1 15oz can black beans, drained
2 cups frozen corn kernels
1 garlic clove minced
½ tsp ground cumin
1 cup chucky salsa, divided
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
Cooked rice
Shredded cheddar cheese


1. Combine beans, corn, garlic, cumin and half of salsa in slow cooker
2. Arrange chicken breast on top and then pour remaining salsa on top of chicken
3. Cover, cook on high 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours
4. Remove chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces then return to cooker
5. Stir in cream cheese
6. Cook on high until cream cheese melts
7. Spoon chicken and sauce over cooked rice
8. Top with shredded cheese
Yield: 4-6 servings

4 comments:

Katie said...

Oh yummy!!!! Trent will be excited that I have something new and easy to try! It's freakin hard cooking and having a baby... and working!

Brittney said...

ooooooh YUM! This sounds amazing. I LOVE a crock pot recipe too. If only I had cumin and garlic. I'll have to make a trip to the store. I can't wait to try this. I love any recipe with cream cheese!

Let's share more recipes. I like stuff that's easy and not too fancy. I'd love to hear more of what you guys make. I'm always out of ideas and end up making Hawaiian Haystacks for the umpteenth time!!

Shantell said...

I love cream cheese too! When you make this it kind of had an odd color to it but don't let that fool you! It really is delicious! And I buy the garlic that is already minced and it works great! It's a no mess kind of thing and I love that!

Leslie & Matt said...

Ooohh! We could do a "What's for dinner Wednesday!" (I will have to try really hard to come up with some exciting things!!)