Sunday, December 21, 2008

Monkey See Monkey Do

I was sitting on the couch today after Church feeding Grayden & Brinley came and sat down on a little step stool in front of me. She had one of her baby dolls wrapped in a blanket (washcloth) and was just watching me. I don't use a blanket when I'm nursing Gray at home because then the girls want to pull it off or know what I'm doing with Grayden under it. So, I guess you could say I am pretty open with the girls about breast feeding. ANYWAY...after Brinley had been staring at me for a few minutes she shook the blanket off her baby, pulled her own dress up so her belly was sticking out, and pushed her baby's face into her own belly. When she noticed that I was now watching her she smiled bashfully. Trinity walked into the room at that point & the conversation between the three of us went something like this:

Me: What are you doing Brin?
Brin: Feedin my baby.
Trin: I feed my baby like that sometimes too! (with a proud smile)

(At this point I listen as the conversation continues between the girls)
Brin: I don't have 2 bobbies
Trin: Yes you do!
Brin: No! I don't have 2 bobbies
Trin: Oh, I do

I was trying so hard not to crack up laughing!! I don't know why but Brinley has always referred to Boobs as "Bobbies" & aparently Trinity now calls them that too. Ah, what cuties!

2 comments:

Shantell said...

LOL! That is so funny. I am quickly learing that your kids watch you very carefully and will usually do what you do. Jared is always dancing and doing weird things around the house and Ethan is always quick to copy him and made the same random movement that Jared has just made.

Brittney said...

oh gosh! That is so cute and so funny!!! Kids really do watch everything! haha