Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What's for dinner Wednesday

Hello my friends today I'm going to share 2 yummy recipes. The first one is super easy and I use it all of the time.
Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast

INGREDIENTS
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
1 1/4 cups water or beef broth
5 1/2 pounds pot roast

DIRECTIONS
In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.

This is so yummy and the roast is so tender by the time it is done. I usually serve it with mashed potatoes and some veggies.
The second one is delicious! We just made these as part of our Withers' Christmas candy tradition.

Easy OREO Truffles


What You Need
1 pkg. (1 lb. 2 oz.) OREO Cookies, finely crushed, divided
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2 pkg. (8 squares each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted

Make It
MIX 3 cups of the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese until well blended. Shape into 42 (1-inch) balls.
DIP balls in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover melted chocolate can be stored in tightly covered container at room temperature and saved for another use.) Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm. Store any leftover truffles in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

3 comments:

Beau and Jen said...

the Oreo Truffles are to DIE for!!!! :)

Brittney said...

Oh my gosh these both sound SOOOO good. I've never made a roast before and I've always wanted to. Maybe I'll give it a try.

I made Chicken Azteca for dinner last night. SOOOO easy and so delicious. Thanks so much for the recipe Shan!!

Shantell said...

Britt you've never made a roast! What! Isn't that like a mormon thing to do? Make roast and jello? Ha! It feels like it to me, but maybe that just cuz my family always had a roast on Sundays. Anyways you should totally try this recipe. The soup and beef broth make a yummy gravy too.