Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What's for Dinner Wednesday

Ok guys. I really need some recipes, so YOU gotta do some What's for Dinner posts too!!

This is a recipe my mom started making and I LOVE it. I tried it for the first time last night, and while its not the fastest recipe (it would be if you used canned chicken but I had to cook my chicken breasts), its SO easy and so delicious.

Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole

4 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
1 can cream chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
2 rolls ritz crackers
1 1/2 tbs poppy seeds
1 cube butter (melted)

Preheat over to 350.

Combine 1st 3 ingredients, and put in 9x11 baking dish.

Crunch up Ritz and add poppy seeds. Pour over top of mixture.

Pour melted butter over the top and cover baking dish with foil.

Bake for 35-45 minutes covered in foil. Then for about 5-10 without foil. Watch so the crackers don't burn.

For a little twist on the recipe:
You can add cooked rice to the chicken mixture. Prepare 2 cups uncooked rice. Increase soup and sour cream and even add a little milk so it's not too dry after cooking. It's yummy this way too (and a little more hearty).



Casseroles are great because you could prepare this whenever you had time during the day and then just pop it in the oven at dinner time!

Well - hope you have a fun New Year's Eve! Any fun plans? Josh and I are meeting Morgan and Josh up in SLC for the night. We're staying at the Little America, going to Bucca de Beppos and then on New Year's Day we'll go see a movie, go to Ikea, and meet Christian and Marci for dinner! It's going to be very fun and I'm very excited!! :)

See ya!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2 comments:

Leslie & Matt said...

Wow it sounds like you are going to have so much fun!! I will be trying this new recipe for sure!

Shantell said...

Britt this looks so yummy! I'm making it for our sunday dinner :) Thanks for sharing it.