Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's Wednesday....What's for Dinner?

This is my "signature" meal. I will make it anytime we are having someone over for dinner. Whenever I ask Matt what he wants for dinner he will request this, and everyone who has eaten it (no exaggerations EVERYONE) comments on how delicious it is! I hope that if you decide to make it you'll feel the same way!

Chicken Enchiladas

2 Tbsp. margarine
1 can (4oz) chopped green chilies
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 C sour cream
1 1/2 C cheddar cheese, grated
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
pepper to taste
3 C cooked chicken, diced (3-4 chicken breasts)
Flour Tortillas

In large skillet, melt margarine; add chilies, Heat through then add soup, sour cream, cheese, parsley, and pepper. Reserve 1/2 of the sauce; add chicken to remaining sauce. Heat flour tortillas in microwave for 45 seconds; put spoonful of sauce mixture on tortilla and roll. Place in a well greased Pyrex dish. Continue until all chicken mixture is gone. Pour reserved sauce over the tortillas. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of cheese. Bake, covered, in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

YUM!! I think I have everything needed to make this!! Maybe I'll make it tonight! THANKS LES!