Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What's for dinner Wednesday

Hi ladies! I got this recipe from one of my old YW leaders. She gave me a cookbook (that she wrote) for my wedding.


Carolina Honey Crockpot Pork
(kind of like sweet & sour BBQ sauce)

Approx. 4 to 8 boneless pork chops (depending on the size, bone-in ones work too)
1 c. ketchup
1 c. vinegar
½ c. molasses
½ c. honey
1 tsp. liquid smoke
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. onion powder
¼ tsp. Tabasco pepper sauce

Mix all ingredients with a wire whisk until smooth. Bring ingredients to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened (just like a bottled sauce not a paste) about 35 minutes. (This can be refrigerated at this point and used just like you would use any BBQ sauce).

Remove any excess fat from meat. Place meat in crockpot and cover with sauce. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours. Serve over hot rice. This sauce also works with chicken too (chicken cooks faster in crockpot).

We like to use short ribs in stead of pork chops and I have made this with chicken and it’s really good too. I hope you guys try this one out cuz it’s so good. We’re having it for dinner tonight so I’ll take some pictures and post those later today.

3 comments:

Brittney said...

YUM! That sounds so yummy. I LOVE BBQed stuff. A lot of ingredients I don't normally keep in the cupboard though - so I'll have to put them on my list next time I go to the grocery store!! Thanks Shan!!

Leslie & Matt said...

Mmmm...that sounds SO good! I love being able to cook meat in the good'ol CROCK!! I also need to add a few items to my pantry shelf to make this one, but don't worry-I will!!

Brittney said...

oooh yum! The photo makes me wanna make it even more!