Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mommy Preschool

So a few ladies from my ward and I have gotten together to do a "mommy preschool" for our 2 1/2 to 3 year olds. There are 6 kids & 4 parents, so Trinity gets to go twice a week for 2 hours & I am the teacher once every other week. (Each of the mom's rotate teaching). We decided we wanted them to learn just a few of the basics like: Recognizing the alphabet, knowing their numbers 1-10, their colors, shapes, learning about the calendar, the weather...and other fun stuff like that. So tomorrow is my first day teaching & I didn't think I would need much time to prepare, but now I am sitting here thinking, "What the heck, I don't know what to do?" Yea, it is simple stuff, but trying to think of things that will keep 6 little kids entertained, engaged & actually LEARNING!! I suppose if anything I can just make sure they have fun & try better next time! HA!! I have been meaning to post on my blog about her first day & how excited she was, but I just haven't stopped and made time to do it. She absolutely LOVES going & when I told her it was at our house tomorrow she says, "Oh YAY! My friends will come in and they will say, ""Oh what a BEAUTIFUL home!"" I have NO idea where she is picking up all these random things, but I thought it was pretty cute.
This is her first day-she was so excited to go in & would not even look at me long enough to get a picture! I knew she was a little nervous because she was fiddling with her little fingers. I can't believe how big she looks!! So...anyway, back to planning-wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Brittney said...

HOW CUTE!!! What a fun fun idea! AND a nice little 2-hour break for you to just have 2 kids instead of 3.

Sounds like a neat ward you moved into. I'm bad at getting involved in ward stuff.

Anyway - I'm sure you'll do great! You are a natural at that stuff!! How fun to get to pretend to be a preschool teacher every other week! Sounds like a blast to me!

Shantell said...

What a fun mom you are! Do you feel like you are becoming your mother? Sometimes I do and especially if I was doing a fun preschool. My mom totally did that with all of us kids and I'm planning on doing it with mine. I'm so glad you have friends in Denver and that you get to do fun things like this. You will do such an amazing job!

I can't believe how big Trinity is getting! She's already in school!?! Where did the time go. I can still remember babysitting her in her cute little black velvet dress with her cute white socks and black shoes. She is so funny too. Always has something to say doesn't she!

Leslie & Matt said...

FYI- I survived & it was SO much fun!!